Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Nothing changes !

mom !!! i remember you telling

.. i wont have to worry about report cards and stuff once am out of school ..
.. i wont have to worry about watching TV for however long i want
.. i wont have to worry about what time i wake up or sleep
.. i wont have to maintain my classwork
.. can completly forget abt the word 'homework'
.. i can just talk over the phone how ever long i want
.. i dont have to worry about taking my id card every day

now i find that i got foxed .. :-\ .. all the words just got replaced by what i call 'corporate' words

.. I fill up a form for appraisal .. and i am ranked .

5 -> outstanding
4-> Exceeds expectation
3-> successfully meeting expectation
2-> needs developement
1-> working below standards

this is one type of ranking where getting 5 is better than 1 ;-)

.. I tried watching TV till 3 the first 2 months .. had to visit the eye doc :-(btw pls note that recent studies state that watching TV these days cannot contribute to short sight)

.. Flexi time is a good term .. but then if i wakeup late .. i find hot air blowing from the taps .. so that kinda makes me wake up early

.. I have to keep stock of all the codes that ic hane ! and managing mails is a big task !
.. Just that theres a new name for homework these days .. they call it assgnments
.. After talking for however long i want .. i am not that impressed with the bills i get at the end of each month
.. The watch man looks at me like an alien if am gonna forget taking my card one day :-you know its a pain to fill a stupid form evertime you forget taking the card

nothing has changed mom .. nothing has ..

Comments:
Nice one Arvind. But certain things have changed...
... my rank is no more a direct function of my hard work and brilliance
... I used to be asked to reduce the time I spent on watching TV. Now I have to increase it to check the news and get updated
... there is no more a fixed time for sleeping
... there is no respite after completing homework. Read the newspapers, increase thy network....
... I find that my friends are all asleep when I get time to call them
... now it isn't only about carrying my ID card. I have to remember to show it to the reader while entering and leaving office to get my monthly pay in full.

On a better note
... no one monitors my rank anymore
... I can switch jobs if I don't like the work. Imagine changing schools midway bcoz u don't like a subject ;)
... I used to get scolding for talking without subject matter. Now I'm being paid for the same ;)
... Playing games was considered an excuse to studying. Now I'm being asked to play games to stay fit
 
Good one both Arvind and jammy :)

Hey arvind never knew u blog!!
 
Good one!
:)
 
@Balaji:

Its all the same man.. The company names differ, the work content differs.. But its all the same.. the same watchmen, the same managers, the same computers, the same cabs, the same early mornings, the same late nights, the same weekends, the same girlfriends ( ;) just thought that weekends and girlfriends rhymed well :D ) ...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats